The ant farm problem
Results of the project
Here we are at the centre of our project: the simulation.
You can change the following variables:
- the number of ants that you want to have on the playground.
- the species' number which is the number that affects the error rate for the considered ant species.
- the number of pheromones which will tell the ants the number of field they can walk through without finding food.
- the button "put pheromone rate" which will tell the game which rate of the carried pheromones will be set on the field.
- the button "pick pheromone rate" which will tell the game which rate of the pheromones that are on a field will be picked by one ant walking on that field.
- the threshold button which will tell the ants the number of pheromones above which they can smell a path.
- the disposition of food on the playground, for that you first click on the green rectangle and then you can draw with the food what you want on the playground.
- the situation of the ant nest, for that you click on the grey rectangle and then you can place it on the field.
!!! THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE NEST AND IT CAN'T BE MOVED AFTER HAVING STARTED THE GAME !!!.
- the disposition of obstacles which are walls, for that you click on the black rectangle and it functions as for the food disposition.
- the map you want: you can choose between a playground you draw by yourself and two other maps we have selected for you.